ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 31, 2011

Honeymoon Fever

I want to go on a honeymoon. 
Daron doesn't know if we should go on a honeymoon.
It cost money (that we don't really have)
It takes time away from family vacations
(Lake Powell, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc...)

I know he is right.
But I still want to go.
I tell him,
"I don't care. It is worth it. We are going."
Then he says, "What ever you 
want."

Then I get mad because I want him to be impractical with me.
I want him to forget what is "logical" and just whisk me away
to paradise.



Okay...so maybe the St. Regis Bora Bora Resort is 
a little impractical. 
But still.
Daron and  I enjoyed a 3 day stay at the
Stein Erickson after we got married.
It was wonderful. Perfect for our circumstances.

But I would be lying if I said I didn't want
the whole SHEBANG
Warm weather, sandy beaches, 
tropical scenery, the ocean, just US
Just thinking about it gives me butterflies.

Everyone tells me that if you don't take one
before you have children, don't plan on taking
one for the next decade. 

Life just gets away from you. 
That is what I am scared of. 
There are still the endless unanswered questions...
Do we miss Lake  Powell for a honeymoon?
Where do we go?
When do we go? (fall or winter?)
Do we reach our goal of how much we want to save...
or do we break the piggy bank-
say forget it.

And do the somewhat irresponsible thing of-
enjoying a relaxing week together
in LA LA land???





Hmm...yeah.
I have my answer. 
Good bye Mr. Piggy




6 comments:

  1. I say go for the honeymoon! Aaron and I are going to the phillipines in June and we thought about for a while for the same reasons as you guys but in the end we decided kids will come soon enough and we have the rest of our lives to be financially stable right?! You're right, it's not the most logical but you can't beat good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani BREAK THE BANK!!! hahah David and I are finally taking our real honeymoon and going to Hawaii in May and I am SO excited for it! It gives you something to look forward to together and its giving me a reason to get in the best shape of my life! hahah love you and miss you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go on a honeymoon. It's true, once you have kids...your rarely do that kind of stuff. Plus you need just you and him time away from family. We have done millions of vacations with james and I's family and none just us...we have decided to break the bank this summer and do it...couples NEED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Lake Powell. You guys are together just you two 24/7. And your life does not end when you have kids, it starts and you will still get alone time with children, that is what vacations are for, and its more fun that way. Now, take advantage of being with your family, before you start your own. We would miss you!! But that is just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing against family vacations... but they will ALWAYS be there.

    GO. GET. YOUR. HINEY. ON. A. HONEYMOON.

    Do we have to twist your arm?!?!? Come on Danny Bree... you will enjoy it and think of it often... it needs to be done.

    Go break the bank sister. {well not totally but you know what I mean}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say go for the honeymoon too! It will truly bring you guys so (much) closer together and rejuvenate you for all the crazyness of life. I think every couple deserves a getaway to be with each other and throw caution to the wind! I say GO FOR IT! love you guys!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete