ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Aug 25, 2011

Last night

i don't know how it is for other married couples, but daron and i have a serious cuddling predicament.

daron: -a morning cuddler. 
always wakes up one happy camper that just wants to 
kiss me
hug me
snuggle me
love me all over

dani bree: -a night cuddler. 
always wants to be literally intertwined with her man before she sleeps. 
will grab daron's
arm
leg
chest
his finger if she has to 
just so she can feel his presence next to her

this presents a problem. especially since both D&DB have a very hard time compromising.
daron is a poop butt at night. he is grumpy right before he goes to sleep
and incoherent. i will tell him "good night. i love you"
and i hear "uh huh"
(this also has to deal with the fact that i will crawl in bed like an hour after him, sometimes. bad habit. i know)

then, of course, in the morning, i am then the same to him...he wants to cuddle with me and kiss me and i am 
grumpy
incoherent
confused
tired
still half asleep
etc.. etc...

but then there is last night...
where we compromised.
(or i should probably just say daron compromised...)

he let me grab his arm (!!!) and pull it into my chest nice and tight
and then... (drum roll)
HELD MY HAND

oh it was wonderful. i honestly couldn't sleep for a while because i was just thinking about how
great it was and was reminiscing on the very first time that daron and i ever fell asleep like this.
we had been dating a whole week and we were at lake powell together.
we fell asleep on top of the houseboat, laying, facing towards each other
holding hands.

it pulled my heart strings. and clearly still does.
it was a moment i will never forget and (sweetheart- this line is for you)
one i really wouldn't mind reenacting night after night after night.
:-)

until then, i will keep thinking and dreaming about it and it will keep making me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment