ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Nov 24, 2012

my holiday babe

We are busy busy here in CA with our family of 3. 
Every day Daron and I mention how we can't believe we actually 
made the 9 hour drive down here. 
Luckily this little man slept like a champ.
(as I think many newborns do)

It's been really wonderful to be surrounded by family.
chaotic at times...
but wonderful.
These days I am easily overwhelmed.
People keep telling me that will get better.
I am trusting them.

I can't count the times I said before I got pregnant that I 
"never want a holiday baby."
I must have said it a 1,000 times. 
Then, SURPRISE! you're pregnant.
and your due date is 
THANKSGIVING DAY.
I kept thinking...
"really!?"

Now our little munchkin' is here.
and i honestly can't think of a better time
for him to come.
i think about how i felt about having a "holiday baby"
and i think it is so silly.
this time of year is perfect.
my heart is so full.
i feel overwhelmed with gratitude 
and 
i get to celebrate being thankful with all those around me.
i think it's safe to say i have changed my mind.
holiday babies are the best. 

2012 11 22_0745


2012 11 22_0726 2012 11 22_0740

2 comments:

  1. Dani Bree he is so perfect!! Congratulations again! We really miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you have a little babe:) What a doll! You look beautiful

    ReplyDelete