ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 15, 2013

disneyland + 2 months


daron is at Disneyland today. if you knew how much i love Disneyland, you know I am crying inside. his generous boss decided to take the entire company. nbd ya know? when daron told me he would be going to the happiest place on earth without me I basically felt like Carter having a grand mal meltdown. I lost it. I have only been telling daron for the past 3 years how bad I have been craving to go there. for 3 years i have been fantasizing. now daron is living my dream and definitely not appreciating it like i would. sigh...

so while daron is on space mountain and splash mountain and thunder mountain and California screamin' (oh i looove California screamin'!!) i am with our sweet, precious baby who had his 2 month apt today.

i found out our little munchkin' is not so little anymore as he is only ounces away from doubling his weight. according to our pediatrician he is thriving...yeah, i'll admit it. it made me a proud mama to hear that word "thriving."

it was an interesting thing sitting in that office. i couldn't help but think back to the last time i was there. Carter was 2 weeks old, i was a walking zombie, i was anxious, i felt incredibly inadequate, i remember thinking on more than one occasion, "is this my life now? forever?" i was... overwhelmed. (i realize now sleep deprivation will do that to you.) my new 24 hours a day, 7 days a week job took adjusting, a lot of adjusting. but now that i have embraced the fact that indeed "life will never be the same," it's funny how it has become so much better. my baby has opened a whole new world of joy and happiness to me that i never knew existed. and for that, my heart is so thankful to him.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww... I wish they would have put your booty on a plane and got you to disneyland! You deserve it!:) I hope you get to go soon! Your little one is adorable and growing!

    ReplyDelete