ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 22, 2013

discovering ...


baby Carter is really starting to notice the world around him. he is realizing he has these long things attached to him that can touch and grab things and that there is something pink and squishy in his mouth. i will be nursing him and notice that he has stopped eating. i'll look down and there he is- intently starring at me. i'll smile at him and say something like "hey, what are you doin!?" he giggles, gives me a huge grin, then continues on his merry way of getting a full belly.

he is mesmerized by the way i eat. i find myself acting like i am in a Carl's Jr. commercial (minus the scandalous nonsense of course!) eating my food in slow motion so he can see how it is done. he loves bright colors and is starting  to copy what daron and i do. uh oh! it's already begun ... 

 {oh those cheeks (!!!!!!!) they are just so yummy!}

over the weekend, we plan to do more discovering, bake lots of delicious baked goods (yessss), dinner with friends, attempting to make it HERE, buying a book to read together (suggestions please?), AND a puzzle. because ever since Christmas break with my in-laws, i have been dying to do a puzzle. i will also be dreaming about sledding in the puffy, white goodness this storm is bringing us. hint hint sweetheart ;)

3 comments:

  1. I can't stand it. Those cheeks and those eyes are the sweetest things ever! So exciting to watch him grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute Dani! Precious. Book suggestion? Yes. Stuart and I both read his needs, her needs before we got married. My mother in law gave it to us and we felt like it helped give us so much perspective on what men and women need in a marriage. It's a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man Parker does the same thing when I nurse him!! haha it's SO cute and funny. Sometimes I have to look away so that he will keep eating. haha What a fun stage. And what a cutie you have created :)

    ReplyDelete