ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 27, 2013

mornings with Carter

7 a.m.

i wake up to my alarm - daron, asking me if he can go get Carter. i laugh because every morning he asks for my permission.

7:30

i feed Carter while daron showers.

7:45

i watch my boys play together.
the second best part of my day.

8:00

i make breakfast.

8:15 

daron and i pray together just before he rushes off to work.
Carter and i say goodbye to dad. the worst part of our day.

8:30 - 9

Carter and i do tummy time, practice the newest skill we are trying to master, and get dressed for the day.

9 - 11:30

Carter sleeps.
i check on him constantly.
there is nothing better than watching your beautiful babe sleep. nothing more peaceful.

11:30 

finally, i can wake him up.
it's only been 2 1/2 hours, but i have missed him.
i rub his tummy to wake him up.
he stretches his arms, arches his back and sticks out his cute bum. 
i melt.

11:30 - 12

i feed him in our unmade bed.
i tell myself, "tomorrow i will make the bed before i put Carter down for his nap."

NOON

it's time to play. 
i teach him that his name is Carter and that my name is mama.
we do tummy time on my chest so i can easily kiss his irresistible cheeks.
wipes are on the bed. 
i will have already changed his diaper many times this morning. i never mind.
i squeeze him.
hold him.
snuggle him.
call him mine. 


i notice the hairspray on the dresser. 
i think to myself "i should put it back in it's place but it looks so very high." 
i leave it there.
daron will use it the next morning and leave it in the same place.

12:30 

Carter will try to grab edgar.
{meet edgar ^ the orange toy}

and we play until we sleep and eat and play all over again.

our mornings around here are simple. 
simple and wonderful.




4 comments:

  1. Man, my mornings go something like this. Eat, play, eat, change diaper, eat, tummy time, eat, sleep....and so on. haha Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous that you have to wake carter up from his nap!! I'm lucky if Emma sleeps 45 minutes straight!! Haha he is beyond cute dani!! Those eyes melt my heart! Being a mama is the best! Can't wait to meet that little man hopefully one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous that you have to wake carter up from his nap!! I'm lucky if Emma sleeps 45 minutes straight!! Haha he is beyond cute dani!! Those eyes melt my heart! Being a mama is the best! Can't wait to meet that little man hopefully one day soon!

    ReplyDelete