ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 6, 2013

bars, normons, and sugar highs

last friday night, i had my first girls night since Carter was born. i sort of felt 16 again. and i'll be honest, i sort of was in heaven. it was that night where your face hurts from smiling so big. i am so grateful for my friends. we love each other. like really love each other. there is no jealousy, envy or cattiness. none. just love. 
{credit to @linzham's instagram :)}
we ate dinner at *the dodo* in sugarhouse. when we got there, they told us it was an hour wait. we decided if we were going to wait, we definitely needed water because we were really thirsty. the host said to go to the bar and the waitress there would help us out. 

i turned to my friend Mary, "the bar!? oh man, i feel so old." she immediately made fun of me, "dani bree, you have a child and being told to go to the bar makes you feel old??"

it's true. i have a tiny human but being told to go to the bar made me think twice, "wait, oh yeah, i am old enough to do that." i am certain it caught me off guard because for the first time in my life someone assumed i was over 21 instead of 16 {big deal for me ya know?} and definitely because i'm a normon (see for yourself what a normon is HERE) and haven't had a drop of alcohol in my life and consequently, have never sat a bar.

that night we chatted over declicious food and even better dessert. i told my friends i would be dreaming about this dessert it was so good. and dream i did. on monday, i splurged and drove back to sugarhouse and got a piece for me and daron to eat that night. 

at the time, it was a brilliant/spontaneous/ingenious idea. it soon became, a-not-so-good-idea. daron didn't love the dessert (he doesn't like peanut butter in his desserts. i knew that and got it anyway). i mean, it just meant more for me, right? how could that be bad?

it was bad. daron hardly had any. maybe 3 bites? i ate the rest. after, i thought "wow i feel a lot better than i thought i would." then, less than 24 hours later i was going a little bezerk. my head hurt, my eyes kept twitching, i felt gross. i was experiencing a sugar high. i'm sure of it. i called daron and told him my symptoms, with very little sympathy in his voice he asked me, "sooo, have you learned your lesson?"

yes daron. i learned my lesson to not eat what is most likely a 1,500 calorie dessert by myself. yes sweetheart, thank you. lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. Much needed girls night for a hard working momma! love this, so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love this!!! I think I need a girls night! I need to come visit you girls! :)

    ReplyDelete