ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 14, 2013

SURPRISE visitors!

on saturday, daron and i took our little one to the city creek mall. the sun was shining making it a beautiful day. we actually made purchases (!!!) -him, new sunglasses- her, a new lipstick- we left city creek happy little campers. we had decided earlier that we would grab hector's on the way home. daron had raved about this place for a while and so i couldn't wait to try it. 

on our way home, i got a call from my mom.

"hey dani bree, i have a huge favor."
-me, in my head, "oh no..."
"okay. what is it?"

"well, it's your aunt's birthday and i want to get this shirt for her, it matches with these other shoes and earrings, you know how i like to do that. anyway, there is only one in utah and it's at the nordstroms off the 215 and you have to get it tonight"

-i'm grumbling. carter is fussing, he barely has enough steam left to make it to hector's let alone the mall-

"mom, i have to get it tonight?"
"yes, you do. i wouldn't say that if you didn't. are you going to do it or not?"
my mom knows i'm annoyed. i'm trying not to be but the impatient part of me is winning. 

my mom- "oh yeah! and the mall closes at 6. so you have to get there before then."
-it's 5:45-
-me, in the most annoyed tone ever- "what? are you serious? no it doesn't...it can't. that is so early. mom, are you sure? i highly doubt that."

"fine, i will check for you just to be 100% sure."
"good, call me back."

she calls back. she tells me it is actually 7 (all the wile i am thinking in my head, don't malls close at 9 on saturdays?) daron and i race over to hector's and race even faster to the mall. carter is screaming his head off at this point. he is hungry and tired. i am running through the mall to find "sarah" to get this shirt that my mom has to have, huffing and puffing, and saying a few choice words in my head while i'm at it.

as i'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off for sarah i turn around and i see them. 

i see my mom 
and i see my dad. 
with.
HUGE 
grins. 

my eyes refused to blink. i kept thinking if i blinked they would disappear. i thought my im-so-hungry-and-annoyed-self was possibly hallucinating them. 

they ran towards me. 
 SURPRISE!
they were here. 
in utah. 
it was all a lie. 
my mom didn't need a shirt, sarah doesn't even exist, the mall does not close at 7...
(how did she get me on that one!?)
they were just trying to surprise us and eat dinner at my favorite place
-Nordstrom's Cafe-
{papa and sweetheart playing with carter the next day, before they had to go} 
mom and dad
we love you!
we only have one small request...
stay for more than 24 hours next time??? ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, my mom just left today, so this post actually made me cry! It is hard living far away from the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete