ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Aug 29, 2013

carter with a hose + labor day plans


i can't believe it's a 3 day weekend. usually i like to plan some wild adventure for the 3 of us to embark on during these long weekends because they are so rare but this one snuck up on me! luckily we live next to family which means there is almost always something going on. we are planning on going to the beach (what's new?), maybe watching some sports games and having a bbq on monday. your typical labor day weekend. except, monday is actually bringing something unique. aaron, my oldest brother, is bringing a date that doesn't speak english. she is colombian and has been in the US for only a month! my mom has been calling every member of the family ordering them to brush up on their spanish. i am so curious how it's going to be. i have heard stories of other families being in this situation before and it has always perplexed me. of course aaron knows spanish but i will want to ask her tons of questions and get to know her. how do you do that when you don't speak the same language!? i'm pretty anxious to see how it all plays out. 

oh and thanks to my mom, carter discovered the hose this morning. he was so fascinated. i could see the wheels turning in his head trying to figure out what this long black thing with water spewing out was all about. naturally the kid tried to put the whole thing into his mouth! no doubt the hose will be part of our labor day along with smothering dad while we have him all to ourselves!

hope everyone has a wonderful-safe-no work-labor day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE these pictures with the hose! I seriously want all of them! So adorable! I wish I could have watched that discovery!

    ReplyDelete