ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Sep 5, 2013

spoons and being a stay at home mom


yesterday, carter and i played with spoons on the kitchen floor before i made us lunch
he would take a spoon 
stuff it in his mouth
roll it around
then grab for the next one
he did this over and over
every face he made, made me laugh harder and harder
these 10 minutes made me feel lucky that i have the opportunity to stay at home with carter
it's one of the greatest blessings of my life
the work is sometimes monotonous
many times it's stressful
but there is nothing else i would rather be doing 
i know this can be a hot topic among women in our society today
i know there are many different situations and many women have different ideals
i hope i never place judgement on a woman for what she decides
but for me, it is an honor and a privilage to be at home with carter every day
i regard being in the home with carter as one of the most important things i will ever do
i proudly wear the title of "stay-at-home" mom
it is wonderful
it is rewarding
it is the best job in the entire world

for whatever reason, there may come a day where i no longer have the opportunity to be in the home as much as i am now,
this is why i will strive to not take these days for granted
i will thank my lucky stars i get to play with my baby on the kitchen floor
watch him make funny faces 
explore different shapes and sizes
all in the middle of the day

1 comment:

  1. I love and appreciate this post. Thank you for your genuine honesty:)I bet you are a GREAT mom

    ReplyDelete