ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Nov 21, 2013

friday harbor

the last day of our trip was spent on the island of San Juan. 
The moment you step on the island you meet a little touristy town called Friday Harbor.
This was my favorite place that we visited.
after a 2 hour ferry boat ride, you can discover the entire island in about an hour drive.

 


the end!

i am so grateful for my family and the opportunity to travel with them. this was our little family's first family vacation with just the 3 of us. my heart was full the entire time. my life now is what i have been looking forward to for a long time. i have been waiting to have a family of my very own to make memories with and go on adventures with that bring us closer together. i absolutely love these pictures, but i also love the non- pictured moments that these pictures remind me of. these 4 days away gave me and daron the opportunity to put aside our busy lives and have time to just talk.                       we talked about really important things,-  things that have been weighing heavily on me since becoming a mom -                  and also talked about light hearted things,                                that made us laugh, a lot. this trip reminded me how much i want a close family that relies on each other for support and is always there for each other. i know whether a family is close really depends on day to day decisions. but i also think getting away, taking a breather, and taking time to do things that are out of the ordinary can be so uplifting. the trip to anacortes is sure to be one we never forget!p.s.- a huge thank you to my father and mother-in-law for helping so much to make this trip happen. thank you!! and we love you!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post. You are such a sweet mom. I still need to meet your little one. Isn't it beautiful up there? Whenever friends visit that area for the first time I say, "Now you know why I always want to go back!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun seeing all these vacation pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a good trip!

    ReplyDelete