ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jun 23, 2014

girl time

for mother's day this year, we gave my mom the gift of a girls weekend. we had big plans to go to an exciting place but ended up staying right here in yorba linda at my parent's house. we ordered the boys to act as if we did not exist and they actually did really well! with everyone's hectic schedules it was too complicated to go far away. it always amazes me what a good 24 hours will do for you though.

friday night, we got together and ate at the delicious tender greens at irvine spectrum and then saw the movie "belle." that night we stayed up late into the night, i'll give you on guess, talking! i'm still recovering from that late night. my sister-in-law, ellery, and i slept in the same bed. we both kept saying how tired we were and then we hopped into bed and started a whole new conversation. unfortunately, i was the party pooper that literally started falling asleep mid-sentence. i guess (because i don't remember) i was saying, 
"con..." 
"convi..."
"con..."
then finally made it to 
"conviction"
after about 4 tries.
it was so sad realizing i don't have the same stamina at a slumber party as i used to!
the next day, we got up for a walk in the hills near my parent's home, bagels and smoothies for breakfast and then off to aliso creek for a day at the beach. what a feeling it is to be on the beach not chasing a little! you mean, i am supposed to sit here and lay out on my towel and soak in the sun!?!? all of us couldn't stop raving about what it would be like to just lay on the sand and for heaven's sake, maybe take a nap? my favorite part was when i convinced everyone to go swimming in the water with me. we giggled like school girls telling stories while attempting to tread water and dive under the waves. i don't know what it is about diving under waves for me. this is so corny but it makes me feel so alive! i really love it. 


^^my persuasive skills did not prevail to get everyone 
to go boogie boarding with me. 
possibly because the oldest boogie boarder there looked about 10? 
i rode the white water the entire time and my only regret was that 
i didn't go out an hour earlier. 
i hope i can boogie board until i am 80.

happy mother's day, mom! we sure are lucky to have you. 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Gorgeous ladies. I want to do this with my mom/sisters. You are so blessed to all live close

    ReplyDelete