ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Aug 18, 2014

utah land


me and my little carter bug have been in utah for the past week. my awesome sister flew up with carter on sunday so i could make the 9 hour drive sans carter. i was so bored during the drive but i'd pick boredom over trying not to lose my sanity trying to entertain a 1-year old strapped in a car seat for 9 hours. 

if i thought carter would miss me, i was sorely mistaken. my sister has 5 children and they are definitely more fun than me. i walked through the door of her home to find carter like this with his cousin berlynn.

we have really made the most of our time up here. 
our first night, we stayed at a gorgeous cabin in sundance and were able to enjoy the amazing stars and fresh air the mountains bring.


then it was time for the first of the two weddings we will be attending while we are here.
carter high fived the beautiful bride. he's always been a great high fiver.

i took a picture trying to act like i was hugging my long lost husband who won't meet up with me and carter until wednesday.

then i decided he was probably a little taller than my shoulder so i needed to take another picture.

i got to catch up with some really great friends the night of the wedding. i am so grateful for every second i get to spend with these people. if only we could see each other more!

we also got to spend time with our one cousin from daron's side, anderson. 


and i got to be at the airport when my cousin walked off the plane after serving an 18-month mission in austrailia! i loved this moment. 

we've had lots of cuddle time with carter's cousins that we so, so miss.

and i've taken lots of "carter and mom" selfies where i say "smile for dad!"

oh... and these two...

what to say about these two...
the post i once wrote about these two titled "double the trouble. double the love." proves to be more and more true.
^best candid moment of the week
can you say caught red handed!?

this picture is to remind me how hard sleeping is on vacation. thanks to late flights and too much fun, it took us a good 3 days to feel normal.

there is this awesome "castle park" near my sister's house, we have already spent two days here tiring out the little ones.


 ^this photo is a new personal favorite of mine



i asked carter to give savi a kiss.
he had a different thing in mind...

^tenderly getting the wood chips out of his hair


goof ball...


even though i lived in utah, i forgot what it was like to see temples everywhere all the time.
my heart skips a beat every time i see one. 




this week has been wonderful.
it's been so fun to lounge, watch movies with my nephew and nieces, eat our weight in pretzels dipped in yogurt (a favorite treat around here) and actually read a book. 

cheers to another week in the beehive state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment