ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 11, 2015

his poop smells like chocolate


today, i read an email daron wrote to someone that briefly described our little family. 

i came across the words, "we have a 2 year old son and a daughter due may 1st. my wife is a homemaker and will be at home to take care of the home and the children." 

i got chills reading the word, "daughter." what is it going to be like having a girl!? 

then my emotional/hormonal self got teary when i read the word homemaker.

if i'm completely honest, sometimes when strangers ask me, "so, what do you do?" (as in for work) i have a few second panic attack about telling them i stay at home. it's not because i question whether i should be at home or if i am doing the right thing for me and our family right now, because i am confident i am. but i sort of wonder if they will immediately peg me as weird or strange. seeing daron write that i'm a homemaker with no hesitation made me realize i need to be more confident in telling strangers my decision.


i mean, someone's gotta explain to carter that his poop does not smell like chocolate. 

(every time i change his diaper lately, he yells, "mommy! mommy! that's my poop. it smells like chocolate!" i'll never know where that came from but guys, this kid is convinced!)

and someone's gotta watch him try and do the splitz in the bath, tell him he's flexible and then hear him out as he explains, "i know mom. i'm like a bug. a flexible bug. like a rollie pollie!"

i mean, someone's gotta so it might as well be me. ;)

{p.s. i want to emphasize that moms all over the world are doing what is best for them and their families and what is "right" does not look all the same!}

No comments:

Post a Comment