ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 18, 2016

THERE SHE BLOWS!


A video and some photos of our time whale watching last Saturday! Daron originally planned this little excursion to be our Valentine's Day date but I couldn't handle not taking Carter. I knew he would freak! We found out last minute babies weren't allowed so we had to leave Naomi. It felt strange to be without her but it ended up being such a treat for Daron and I to spend time with Carter. 

Carter surprised us on the boat. He was much more concerned about the "rules" than I have ever seen him. He didn't want us to stand for fear that we would fall out. And at one point, we tried to let him stand on a bench so he could see better but he quickly reminded us that "the speaker" told us not to stand on the benches! Who's this rule-following kid of mine!? And how do I get him to do this at home?? ha! We also made "Carter sandwiches" each time he got cold which made him giggle like crazy and let him do some of his own video recording, a first! 


On our way out to find the whales, we stumbled upon hundreds of dolphins. They were everywhere! Daron and I have been swimming with dolphins in Hawaii which was incredible but I have never seen this many at one time before. I kept thinking how much Carter was going to love this day but I didn't anticipate that I would feel like a big kid too! I couldn't stop squealing at the sight of them. We stayed with the dolphins for a while because the crowd was loving them so much. We had about 20 on each side of the boat bow riding the whole time and don't even get me started on the baby dolphins... SO cute!
Carter sandwich ^^

The grey whales were huge! I couldn't believe how big they were. They were more unpredictable so we weren't able to get a picture but they, too, were amazing animals to see in the wild. There were about 5 or 6 of them traveling together and one had a huge bite out of its tail. I could kick myself that we didn't use our nice camera for the day. These pictures and video were all taken from our phones besides a few from the goPro. As convenient as the phone is, it never does experiences like this justice!
^^ "WHHHAAAALLLLEEEEE!"


We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. The sky was a beautiful blue and the swell was big making it fun to be on the ocean. We were also happy to figure out that Carter doesn't get sea sick! And now, I'm begging Daron to take me to the lagoons in Mexico where you can supposedly touch and kiss(!!!) the whales! What!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment