ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 15, 2016

A ROADTRIP TO UTAH TO MEET GENEVIEVE


We packed up and took a road trip to Utah to meet my best friend's baby, Genevieve. It felt a little crazy packing up the kids for such a quick trip but it ended up being worth every second. The kids surprised me how well they traveled. Lindsay Ham tagged along which made all the difference. I'm still a little nervous to tackle this drive alone with the kids. I think once Naomi is done nursing, we'll be game. 

We started out the drive at 9:00 in the AM and didn't pull into my sister's driveway in Alpine, UT until after midnight. It was a long day. But lucky for us, we had Carter to entertain us... that kid!


At one point, we caught him putting dried fruit in between his toes. Lindsay told me to look at Carter but not to laugh! (Because he was being naughty of course). But the moment I saw his sly smile with a dried pear between his toes, I died! I think it was funnier in the moment, but I cried I laughed so hard. 
We pulled in Thursday night. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were filled with sitting on a couch and taking in this sweet new baby. It was so nice to not be rushed for any events or have to split time which is usually the case when we are in Utah. We had one purpose: love on Genevieve. That's all we did and it was amazing!
^^ because, those baby blues!

At one point, we did get off the couch to go take a walk around the neighborhood. The fresh air felt nice and I discovered the back carry in the ergo! Naomi was one happy camper and I couldn't get enough of her sleeping on me like that. That's a rare event these days so I'll take it any way I can get!




These two, Naomi and Genevieve, are so darling together. I've dreamed about the day my children get to be best friends with my best friend's kids. It's surreal the day is finally here! I'm already excited for the day we can show these two pictures of us when we were little, what a day!



Saying goodbye wasn't fun.  It never is. There's so much love for this little girl and we all can't wait to watch her grow. Welcome to the world, Genevieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment