ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Dec 8, 2017

3 YEARS AGO TODAY: NEW YORK WITH MY FIRST TIMER

Daron sent me a picture early this morning just after he had left for work... a blurry selfie pic of our first time in new york together... along with the words "3 years ago today." 


It brought back all the feelings. He has a convention there every year in December. We wanted to make it a tradition for me to tag along with him each year. Sadly, we only got to go two years in a row when our tradition was interrupted with baby Shiloh. Her due date was a month out from the convention and as much as part of me wanted to make it happen, we were pretty uneasy with the thought of something unexpectedly going wrong while in New York. 


I took a long shot and tried to convince Daron to let me and alllllll the kids tag along. He didn't go for it, hahaha. BUT he promised to consider letting us all tag along NEXT year. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Of course, he tempered my tail wagging but I felt like Lloyd Christmas on Dumb and Dumber saying, "So you're saying there's a chance!" 


The first year we went, I was about 5 months pregnant with Naomi. The trip was a whirlwind and I ended up never posting it here. I figure I should finally post the pictures since I'm reminiscing.


Oh, also the most thrilling part was that it was Daron's first time!!! I was shocked when he told me he had never been before. Technically, it wasn't my first time but it may as well have been because 3 words: self-absorbed teenager... so so sad. 


The trip started off with a bang when we checked out the 9/11 memorial. I'll never forget the moment I saw this place for the first time - it took my breath away.




Christmas markets!!!! I forgot how dreary and wet and freezing it was that first year!! It rained non-stop. I'm shivering looking at these pictures! Funny thing I think I hardly noticed while we were there!




Seeing Daron take in Time Square for the first time. That was a good moment. He was blown away! And that doesn't happen very often...


Walking the High Line... we froze during this part but something great happened... my Alaskan-born husband showed me for the first time the proper way to tie a scarf. You know, so it actually keeps you warm! It was genius, ha!




Oh, Levain... no caption does you justice... I'll just say - you live up to your name.




And the Rockefeller Center and Christmas Tree... this place blew me away. I had butterflies every time I saw the Rockefeller Tree. It never got old.




Then I made us ice skate because I had been dreaming about the moment for so long. But ice skating proved to be hard for me while pregnant, haha. 


I attempted to do tricks...




And they ended up like this...
^^(A little confused why I thought ice cream was a good idea???)

And the New York temple! Amazing!




 Final highlights included Christmas trees around every corner, the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City, Magnolia Bakery, Central Park, Max Brenner, all the food, this cool book store I can't remember the name of and New York just being New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment