ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Dec 15, 2017

DANA POINT HARBOR AND AN 11 MONTH OLD SHILOH

(^^ what's this!!!!????? a group picture!!!?)

We went up to Dana Point Harbor last night to meet up with cousins and see the lights they have this year. We thought about going to the Newport Boat show but then realized we are a total circus when we are together (with 8 kids 6 and under) and we should probably just keep it simple especially since my sister and I were without our husbands. 

When we got in the car that night, Carter buckled his seatbelt and said, "I wish we could stay there forever with them." It's not easy for us all to meet up (thank you California traffic) and sometimes it feels pointless because conversation is interrupted every other minute with a fall, a spilled drink, sibling bickering, "Mom I don't want my hat," and "Mom no I actually do want my hat" haha you get the picture but I left last night feeling like all the chaos is worth it. 

Shiloh also turned 11 months old yesterday... which meant I spent much of the day grieving that she will turn ONE soon. Her perfectly squishy-self makes me so happy and although I know what I have to look forward to with her as she becomes a toddler, she has brought me an indescribable amount of joy as a baby. I love her kissing, clapping, cuddly, squishiness so much. She's a little bundle of joy and I kind of want her body to stay rollie pollie like forever. (I know I've said squishy twice but she is just soooooo that - squishy!! And you don't quite understand until you hold her for yourself, haha!)









These next few photos sums these two right up...







I'll never forget Carter spotting the mistletoe. He started squealing and said, "Mom! There's mistletoe! You have to kiss me!" hahaha We've talked about what mistletoe is before but I had no idea he knew what it looked like. 

I scooped him up and he gave me a million little kisses. And it made me feel so special.


The kids danced forever to a guy playing music. Naomi was in heaven. And Shiloh entertained everyone around with her waves and clapping and smiles. My kids stayed another half hour after their cousins left to keep dancing and singing and I managed to get us back to the car without tears!!! A night for the books!


3 comments:

  1. what lens do you use? do you have a canon? your pics are all so dreamy and I can't seem to get something remotely similar on my dslr. (which means i never pull it out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a sony! I got it because it's more compact (which I need for thumbelina) because it uses mirrorless technology. I've actually been really happy with it because it's super user friendly - and because it's smaller, I pull it out more!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete