ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 30, 2011

Just Hold Me

Daron is sick, sick, sick.
The poor guy has been miserable the past 3 days. Every time I see him around the house he has Kleenex stuffed up his nose and watery eyes. 

Today, he didn't come to church or Chelsea's farewell and the fun after party. It was such a bummer to not have him there. On top of being sick, he smashed his finger in a door and hasn't been able to sleep.

(his finger with a hole where he lets the blood out)

The worst part is...he has a wife that is admittedly terrible at nurturing. She feels awkward and very out of her element. 

When I came home from the fun party I could tell he was struggling. But I didn't know what to do. So I preceded to continue on with my life and act like I couldn't tell he was hurting. Terrible right? Trust me, I know. 

Finally he just said, "Hold Me!" 
That caught my attention. I stopped what I was doing. And we just cuddled for a while and talked. I joke with Daron that he is going to have to stay home with our kids when they are sick cause he is so much better at making people feel better.
(Proof: we were laying in bed when he mentioned that he was really hungry. Ten  minutes later the sick boy comes back with chicken noodle soup for him and me. Ya, I felt pretty dumb)

It would be great if Daron could stay home with our future chillin's but let's be honest, not realistic. My quest to become a better nurturer begins!

Get better Lover. 
So I can see these faces again.





1 comment: