ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 6, 2011

Dani Bree Discovers Dusting

Daron here. Although blogging has never been a strong interest of mine,  I felt as though today's events necessitated a few thoughts from me. I don't expect to be a regular on this blog, but from time to time i'm sure an occasion will present itself for insights and commentary to be offered up by the husband.


Our Saturday commenced with a much needed deep clean of our kitchen. As I began wrapping up with the kitchen, Dani Bree began to search the house for other items and locations that might benefit from some attention. She soon discovered that the teal colored bookshelf that sits just inside our front door was quite dirty. She asked what cleaning product should be sprayed on the bookshelf to clean it. My thought was this helpful little device that many of you may be familiar with. I'm not exactly sure when Swiffer first came out with these little guys, but I had seen them enough that when we received one as a gift from a thoughtful mother-in-law, I knew what to do with it. I hadn't used it much except to dust off the top of the refrigerator and the top of our bedroom armoire. One day I picked DB up to my eye level and upon walking by those 2 locations, she was completely shocked to realize how dirty they were. I was rebuked for not having cleaned them because of course, my birds-eye-view of the problem automatically denotes me as the one responsible for remedying it. I have been more diligent with my responsibilities since that point. Anyway, I busted out that little guy and demonstrated its use. Dani Bree was quite shocked by it at first, but went with it. About 30 minutes later, I hear from the bedroom, "This is So Much Fun!!!" Now, it's a known fact that DB didn't experience much by way of cleaning or chores during her childhood. However, if the result of that is that the same excitement, happiness, and desire to use the Swiffer also accompanies the discovery of other "new" cleaning devices and products, I will be a happy husband in a very clean home.



This story I'm sure draws to the minds of many of Dani Bree's family/friends, the story of DB in Mammoth with the Hams that is often recounted by Kim. I asked Dani Bree to tell me again how old she was when this occurred and she responded, "no comment." I now request the insight of any reader who may know the answer to that question to please share with the group. Much thanks! Anyway, as the story goes, the trip was rounding to a close when cleaning responsibilities were issued to the group. DB was given the job to dust. Upon receiving that assignment, Dani Bree looks at Gail Ham with confusion and responds, "Dust?....What's Dust?"

Despite the jokes, I don't think I would ever really complain about the cleanliness of our home. DB does an amazing job of keeping our home tidy and welcoming. And now that we're going on 10 months, I am fairly confident her abilities are not just beginners luck either.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! I think you should be a regular guest writer on this blog. . .as long as DaniBree commissions it, of course!

    ReplyDelete