ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 23, 2011

TAH DAH!


I would say that it has been at least a year that I have been talking about how I wanted/needed to start a blog. It has always been appealing to me that 20 years down the road my kids can look back at their parents when their lives together were just beginning. That way when they are squirely teenagers Daron and I will have evidence that "YES, we too were young once" and "YES, we know what it is like." I know if my parents had a blog showing their life through the years I would be in heaven.

So why finally take the plunge now? It was a certain conversation the kicked my booty into gear. One day, Daron nonchalantly brought up how my time on good old facebook may not be the most beneficial. At first I was taken back. I never thought of myself as a facebook addict. So, initially I just thought he was semi-crazy and over reacting. However, the conversation wouldn't escape my mind. It was like an annoying fly, impossible to ignore. I was forced to evaluate and be honest with myself. (don't you hate that sometimes?) After some sincere thought, I realized it wasn't necessarily an extraordinary amount of time that I spent on facebook. (I would even say "a lot" would be an exaggeration). But I couldn't deny the fact that how I was utilizing facebook was not for good. I decided I would pay attention to how I felt after I was done being on it and just go from there.

Don't get me wrong. I am not hating on facebook. Because of it, we can do amazing things. An example of someone that uses facebook for good is Ciera Boyd (now Kizerian). This girl is my ultimate example of using the internet for good. She is always spreading an uplifting message and shining through her example.

(Ciera Boyd Kizerian and her husband Steele)

ME on the other hand updates her facebook uhhh once a year? I don't update photos of Daron and I or use it to answer my questions or get advice. It was just monotonous starring at other people's lives. I noticed that after I got off facebook for an hour I felt, well, blah. It was just kind of an empty "I'm wasting my time" feeling." A different feeling I have after I look at blogs. I think this may be due to the fact that the only blogs I look at are of people I really REALLY care about. Not my random high school friend that is doing who knows what with his life and all I can think is "holy cow, get it together!"

With that said, the test begins. In the same day, I have terminated my facebook and started my blog. I plan to fill my "extra time" with something positive. Still trying to decide what I want that to be but at least I will be doing something that is benefiting my own life and not sucked up in someone else's. (PS, by far the most thing I looked at on facebook was other people's babies. I will admit that I have been sort of obsessed. So I told Daron if he wants me to stop looking at other people's adorable chillins than that means it is time we make our own) haha in my dreams. Lame.

(Us- Just living our lives)


2 comments:

  1. Amen to everything you said about the difference we feel after looking at Facebook compared to looking at blogs. You have inspired me Dani Bree!! I SOOOO need to start a blog!

    P.s. I'm officially an avid follower of your blog now! :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that was super nice of you! I was googling my name to see what comes up for photography clients and saw this! Thanks so much Dani Bree, I know I am always inspired by what you share. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete