ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 8, 2011

Oh, how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

On Sunday, Daron and I enjoyed wonderful hospitality by Valynn and Greg Baum (Ellery's Parents) for the Super Bowl. While we were there Valynn told us this hilarious story about my Mom. 

When B.J. and Ellery were still dating, B.J. and my Mom went to Elle's house to decorate her room for Valentine's Day. I guess my mom showed up in her open-toed strappy Brighton sandals even though there was a foot and a half of snow on the ground and it was frigid.

When my mom walked into the house, Valynn saw her shoes and in shock was like "What are you wearing!?!?" My mom started laughing and explained how she didn't have any other shoes!
That night, I just thought that story was sooo funny.

Then...something very ironic happened.
I am not lying when I say the VERY next day I went out in these...


while this was being formed...





These pictures look pretty. The night before, however, was a blustering mess. The wind was so intense and snow was coming down like crazy, more than I had seen in a while. 

I was very aware at how bad the storm was due to the fact that I had just been driving in it. Regardless of this knowledge, I literally chose to wear my cute Nordstrom zipper flats??? Really!? The absolute worse shoes I have for the snow. When I got to the grocery store, I had to trudge through inches of slush and ice while I was getting covered in snow and slipping everywhere. Every step I took made me laugh harder and harder. Was I really doing exactly what we just teased my mom for doing the night before!? 

I was.

And as much as I wanted to cry cause my feet were so numb I couldn't help but chuckle.

Mother like daughter.  
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Ridiculous shoes in the snow and ALL.

LOVE YOU MOM :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and funny! I love it... Sometimes we just have to laugh off the fact that we will all become just like our mothers! haha

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this post. Hilarious. I wouldn't mind being just like your mom either. Much love to you both. -elle

    ReplyDelete