ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 25, 2011

Where, oh where, Will We Be


California!!

No...Colorado!!

or Utah??

Where to end up is the never ending question!

Daron and I go back and forth and back and forth. It is a never ending cycle of pros and cons that have us convinced on Utah one day, California the next and so on. It is just so hard.

The pros to CA??

~ some pretty special people (aka family) never knew what a huge draw they would be.



 I didn't think it would be a big deal to be apart from my family until my sisters and mom started calling me up saying, "oh yeah we are just going to be watching the bachelor tonight together" or "oh yeah we are just getting our nails done " or (my favorite one) "yeah we are just at Disney Land together for Courtney's birthday"
Soooo lame. Kills me every time! 



(haha Courtney's famous face, how can I not miss this)
~and of course, unbeatable weather. you have snow hours north and the beach 30 minutes south...so spoiled
This morning, Daron and I woke up to 
this.




















What did my parents wake up to?


yeah, quite the difference! I'm not saying snow is bad. I love the snow. But it's about this time of year that I start craving some warm sunshine!

But in all honesty, that's about it. 

California is expensive, crowded, and in a hole government wise. To people that haven't grown up there, it just might be one of the most unappealing states as of right now.

The pros to CO??

~more special people!



~Daron's favorite- "you can just go shooting in your backyard!" Daron loves the fact that you can have more land and do lots of crazy outdoor stuff (like four wheeling in your grandma's backyard).

(I like this too.)


however, in CA this weekend I did wake up to this...no lie.


 (Daron and Dawson shooting rabbits out of my dad's conservatory...really!? ha looks like that can be done else where after all.)

~the LAKE
~the government isn't bankrupt
~and, last but not least, MOUNTAINS and snow. I told my Dad a long time ago that I wanted a "mountain man." And viola! I got me one. I didn't know that was going to happen so literally but I like it.

as for the Cons: well...none! 
(besides the fact that there aren't any puggy's)

Annnnddd pros for Utah??

~also has gorgeous MOUNTAINS and the snow
~also has no bankrupt government
~a really growing economy
~we are right in the middle of both of our families
~and, one of the most appealing, a lot more bang for your buck!

But then once again...no puggy's ;( 

I know where ever Daron and I end up we will be so happy. But is it so bad that I just wish we had a crystal ball!? I thought the crystal ball ended after you figured out who you were marrying. But no, I was very wrong about that. I want a crystal ball to see where we are going to end up, to see what our kid's will look like, to see how many we will have, and soo many more things.

I guess that's the beauty of life. It is full of surprises. It is great advice to "enjoy the journey" one special day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel the same way.. it's part of the fun of this life.. there is such an adventure knowing that NOTHING is for sure.. I love it! I can't wait to see what happens! Love you guys!

    --Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a question where my vote goes!! Cali preferably right next to us. I will watch your cute kids someday and you two can vacation for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I go through this argument every day in my head between California, Utah and Arizona. So, finally I just decided to wait and see where Mary ends up, then move in next door to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane- I love that solution haha. I am going to tell Daron the same thing! problem solved. (of course with jessica and lindsay following right behind me ;)

    ReplyDelete