ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

May 17, 2011

Belated Update

So the 1 year was 3 weeks ago
but I can't help it.
Its crucial I have this day documented forever.

Daron and I had a deal. I would plan V-Day
and he had this year's anniversary. 
I have to say I was nervous. I told him I wanted it to be a surprise
but then being the woman that I am I started to fantasize. Then I would have to slap
my face, say "stop fantasizing!" and bring myself back to reality. 
Just because I knew it was possible that I was dreaming a little too big
(okay maybe a lot too big)

I expressed my concerns to my mom that I needed to just stop thinking about what we could possibly be 
doing and just expect nothing.
Again, I have learned expectations are everything.
Of course she lectured me and told me to stop being a brat and whatever we did at all 
was going to be special and I should be appreciative. 
"Mother knows best" :) haha so true. 
(what movie?)
Anyway, I have to say that Daron went above and beyond. 
I was shocked. (not that i was doubting him :)
But I am really  hoping he doesn't make me plan next years
anniversary because I have no idea what I'll do to top it without spending
a pretty penny.

1 year celebration =
HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE 
(this had been much anticipated for years. Daron has known that ever since my parents bought the house in Glenwild I have wanted to do this. I see them streaming over the valley in the summer and it always looks so gorgeous and so romantic)









(Don't we look photo shopped in!?)
Okay, so the lame gloom didn't make it as romantic as I pictured...
but it was much more adventurous than I thought it would be.
This angle looking down was the worst.

It definitely took me a while to look at the ground and the TINY basket we were in at the same time. Gives you the heebie jeebies at first.
At the end they do their "famous tradition" where they tell you how HOT AIR BALLOONING came about. This story just so happens to involve champaign and so everyone gets a drink and gives a toast! at 9 o clock in the morning. it was pretty funny.
(Daron and I had the pleasure of joining the toast with some mighty fine OJ)
I have never had an experience in UT where the people assume that you aren't a member. It was actually really fun to be the minority. I could use more of that in my life.
As they open the bottle of champaign they play a game where who ever can catch the cork gets a "prize." I don't know what Daron thought this prize was but he shocked me by intensely going after the flying cork.
He was the closest to catching it so we got this beauty.
Our little reminder of what we did.

then EINSTEINS
(my obsession)

SHOPPING

(this had yet to happen in our marriage. it was weird. just buying clothes with our own wallets. I thought I would have more buyers remorse. but it was kind of exhilarating!) 
-that's probably not a good thing ha oh well.

and the best part
A STAY AT THE ST.REGIS

I can honestly say I felt at home here. Neither Daron nor
I had been back since our reception. But we both couldn't help reminiscing. 
This hotel seriously is incredible. 
(and a tip to all- MUDDY SEASON IS CHEAP -of course comparatively) 
let me just get transparent here:
a reg night stay = $1500
what we paid = $175
Bada Boom Bada Bang
I'm pretty sure that is over 90% off. I could be wrong.
but whatever it is.. its a STEAL and worth every penny.
(the t.v. behind the bathroom mirror. Daron's favorite part.)
Dinner ended up being very luxurious.

yeahhh we kind of skipped out on the nice dinner after the shopping spree. 
no regrets.
I definitely loved our one year and I am so glad we went out with a bang. 
You get older and you just get busier. Not that we can't have more exciting 
anniversaries but I look at the past 10 years of anniversaries for my parents and you just get different priorities. 
Nothin' wrong with that. I think that is a good sign.
But while Daron and I have some freedom, why not use every excuse to live it up!

p.s. has anyone see or know anything about this tree in park city??
I really hope someone knows the story behind this.
There are hundreds of shoes on this tree.
It cracked me and Daron up every time we drove passed it.


1 comment:

  1. Dani Bree!! That looks like soo much fun! AJ and I went on a hot air balloon ride for my birthday a couple of years ago and it was the most spectacular thing ever!! I'm glad you guys had a fabulous one year anniversary--you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete