ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Sep 11, 2011

heaven is for real

 i haven't been able to stop thinking about this little boy's story since i heard it last monday at my parent's house. meet Colton Burpo (if you haven't already). his story is that at 3 years old, he almost died from a ruptured appendix. doctors were trying to save him when his spirit left his body on the operating table.

call me gullable, call me ignorant, whatever you like. i've read multiple articles saying it's a croc but i believe the little munchkin' and think it is quite awesome. his story makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. below is his full interview on dateline.
i love when he describes heaven. he says there are colors in heaven that he can't describe because we have never seen them before. and the whole describing his grandfather and sister he had never met!? pretty interesting if you ask me, no matter how you look at it.

but my favorite part is when he describes Jesus. i have never seen Him but i know he is real and that he lives. and when i hear people describe him exactly how i picture him it gives me chills. it also makes me think about the day i will meet Him. and what a wonderful day that will be.

my mind also immediately thinks of our sunbeam class. today we had the greatest time asking them questions and getting their hilarious answers back. my favorite was when we asked them -
"okay, if you guys had to leave your house behind and move with your family across the plains, what is the one thing you would take with you?"


Braydon: "my toys."









Vaughn: "a gun so i could shoot all the ghosts that try to get me."







Nixon: "well, if i was a girl, i would have to say my purse."







Jyll: "my scriptures."

Jack: "oh oh! i know! a super hero cape, so that i could protect myself and fly." (Jack also informed us that if we go to sleep, we get big and tall for disneyland :)






Olivia: "my own pack of bubble gum."











oh how the list could go on and on. daron and i sometimes have a really hard time getting back on track after some of the things they say. we can't help but laugh! but then as fast as they make us laugh they can make you cry. one minute they are saying the silliest thing, the next they are showing you just how much we (know-it-all adults) can learn from them and just how little we actually do know.

one thing i have learned from teaching these precious little ones is that they love with their whole heart. doesn't matter what you look like or who you are, tall, short, wealthy or poor, you are loved as the Savoir loves.
         ********************************************************************

and of course, what a wonderful thing to remember for all those who were so greatly affect 10 years ago. that yes, in fact, "heaven is for real."

No comments:

Post a Comment