ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Nov 24, 2011

A Happy Happy Thanksgiving - from the YOUNGS

we have started off our thanksgiving morning right.
waking up slowly
lounging around
a 5k turkey trot
now anna and i have coconut oil in our hair
(i always learn a new girly tradition while i am here in CO.
supposedly it is very nourishing for your hair
and the brazilians do it. 
so why the heck aren't we?)
oh what would i do without my sister in laws. 

 we are about to embark on the annual swedish tradition
of making
 swedish meatballs.

ill be honest.
i really had my hopes up that Linnea had
already made them with the fam. 
but she didn't.
she waited till daron and i came 
so we could have the privilege of making them with her... :)
i'll post pictures and you'll see what i mean...

anyway, recently i sang this song in church.
i haven't been able to forget about it.
i was overcome with emotion as i sang, 
and i could feel that the words of this song were true.

Because I have been given much, I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,
who has the need of help from me.
Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…
I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-
my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head,
that he too may be comforted.
Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed,
thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 
May we give thanks for all that we are blessed with

No comments:

Post a Comment