ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 28, 2013

our friday night


did i scare you? 
 cause i sure scared myself. 

it takes quite a bit for me to take these tests. i have to have a very good reason to believe that there is a high chance for a positive. friday night, i couldn't take it anymore. i made daron first drive to smiths (where they were all out.. only in utah) then to walmart because i needed to know once and for all.

just before i took the test, i knew. i knew i wasn't pregnant but at that point i needed the 100% confirmation. i brought the test out to daron to show him the results. 

me- "we don't have to worry. we're okay."
daron- (with a sad face) 
"there's a little part of me that's disappointed."
me- "ha yeah, like 2%"
daron- "hm. no. more like 25"

25!?

i was shocked. part of me still struggles to believe him. but then again, i shouldn't be too surprised considering the fact that this is the same man that told me it made him so excited to think of me being pregnant again when Carter was a meager 6 weeks old. 

i told my mom what daron said and how it practically gave me a heart attack to even think about and she laughed saying this was yet another experience that proved how perfect daron is for me. our marriage, our life, our family, everything is very far from perfect but i can say that this guy is perfect for me. when i am a scared, he is brave. when he is all worked up, i am calm. i look back and think about how i chose who i wanted to spend eternity with at the ripe old age of 19. yes, i am only 23 now. but doesn't 19 sound so young!? my mom told me it would ... mothers...they are always right. how grateful i am that at 19 i at least had my head on somewhat straight, cause i have to say, i picked a good one.





2 comments:

  1. I had to read this post twice... woah-that would have been close and exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Glad to know it was a false alarm. Ryan and I were secretly thinking you WERE pregnant. I was expecting a "no" after dinner but when it never came I started to wonder... haha we'll have to wait a few more months for that one! ;)

    Shelb

    ReplyDelete