ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 7, 2013

Sweetheart & Papa

my mom and dad were in town over the weekend. their stay was all too short. a mere 24 hours was all we got with them but we'll take any second we can get. my parents arrived, hugs were given, and Carter was whisked away to the couch. my parents smothered Carter with snuggles and love. watching these 3 on the couch practically made me giddy i was so happy. finally, my baby boy was spending time with his "Sweetheart & Papa" that i miss so dearly. i definitely took this moment in.

living far from family is hard. i think it is even harder for me because i didn't expect it to be hard. i remember -miss independent me- thinking on multiple occasions that "i would not have a hard time living away from family." little did i know ... that was before i had a child of my own. now, not a day goes by that my heart isn't sad that Carter doesn't see my brothers and sisters, his cousins, and my mom and dad. daron and i are happy where we are. we have made a life here and it is a wonderful life. but that doesn't take away that tiny piece of me that aches to be with family. 

 {my mom and Carter having quite the chat^}
{ and, okay, seriously ... what in the world happened to my newborn!?!?^^^}

i remember when i left for college, i didn't shed a tear. it was like "see-yah!!!!!!!!!!" then i got married and it would be sad to see my parents go but on with life. then i had a baby ... and i'm on the verge of tears every time my parents leave. they weren't lying when they say you will never appreciate your mother more than after you have a baby. in an instant, my mother's hero status was taken to a whole new level. she is a rock star.


Sweetheart & Papa please visit again soon!
or, maybe ...........
we can come visit you?!
daron??
what do you say??

and there you have mine and daron's
topic of converstaion
for dinner tonight
;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this and imagine that I will feel the same. I love these photos. Come visit CA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't help myself from laughing and smiling out loud when I see that little boy!

    ReplyDelete