ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 17, 2013

.the very best 3 months.

my baby turned 3 months old last week. in my desperate attempt to feel as though i am not missing a single moment of his life and to store every tiny detail of him at every stage, i have gathered nearly every picture of him taken by any phone. each picture means so much to me. going through these photos took me back to moments where i laughed, cried, worried, and rejoiced. it is obvious i'm a newbie at this mothering ordeal... trying so very hard not to forget every facial expression Carter has ever made, the different outfits he's worn, and every first that we've shared together. 

you can't blame a mother for wanting to remember the first picture she took of her newborn son, the first day they spent together all by themselves, her baby's first walk, first smile, first bath, first giggle, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first time standing, (ah! the memories are endless and it's only been 3 months!) if only there was a way to imprint every moment on my mind forever.

this babe of mine... we feel so blessed and lucky to have him. sometimes my heart starts racing when i think of the future with him. it can be so overwhelming. this little human's life depends so much on what i do. me, little "peanut" dani bree who is still learning so much about this life herself! the future can be nerve racking when fear of making mistakes creeps in. i have to remind myself life comes one day at a time. i always say this, but thank heavens these babies come one at a time. (most of the time ;) you mothers with twins, triplets, oh how i salute you!)

Carter Lee,

your dad and i adore you. every day i tell you how you are my favorite. everyday i tell you that your Heavenly Father loves you, Jesus loves you, your dad loves you, and i love you. don't you ever forget it.

love,

your mama

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. I love looking at all of these. Cannot believe you are a momma!

    ReplyDelete