ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 8, 2013

another reason i really loved this birthday.

there was a certain individual i couldn't stop thinking about on my birthday.

my mom.

i couldn't stop thinking about how every year, for 24 years, i have been celebrating ME when all this time, i should have been celebrating her. after all, if it were not for her, i wouldn't be here.

and for 24 years, she has loved me no matter what. 

she sacrificed so much to always be there for me. she fed me, clothed me, wiped my millions of runny noses, held me when i was sick, taught me the ways of the world and constantly put my needs before her own. (how do you repay someone like that!?)

so, even though a small gesture,

10 things i love about my lovely mom:

1. her confidence and compassion
2. her velvet crumbcake. it's the best you will ever have
3. her fierce determination to stand up for what is right no matter the circumstances
4. her huge smile
5. her beautiful singing voice
6. her example of sacrifice
7. her love of birds
8. her desire to serve and help others
9. her knowledge
10. her love of God

{a few treasured pictures of me and her}






you're the best mom!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful and thoughtful post. Gorgeous momma and daughter. Happiest of Birthdays!

    ReplyDelete