ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 5, 2015

froyo dates with carter


mine and carter's froyo dates go a little something like this...

we both order chocolate.
i get peanut butter cups, he gets m&ms.
he starts out happy as a clam with his own yogurt. 


about half way through, ever so subtly, my adorable date sneaks bites from my yogurt (usually my peanut butter cups) when i'm not looking-
like, when i need to run inside to grab more napkins, dig for a wipe, or check my phone. 


after quietly snatching bites from under my nose, he eventually starts pushing his own yogurt away until mine is comfortably placed in front of him.


inevitably, i call him out...
and he yells with his sly little grin, "i got mommys!"
like it just magically happened!


after a while, i give up.
i put him in my lap and we share both of our yogurts together,
all the while, screaming things like "big bite! big bite!" & "mommy, i got chocolate!"


how come everything taste better when it's not yours?

(i ask myself this every time i am stealing daron's meal when we go out to eat. sigh... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)

No comments:

Post a Comment