ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 4, 2015

THE USS MIDWAY


we took a little trip downtown to see the uss midway museum with my parents and grandparents. the ship is in a beautiful part of the harbor and the view of downtown is pretty stellar when on the top deck. i didn't expect there to be so many airplanes on the ship. carter was in pure boyhood heaven. it's amazing to me how much joy planes, trains, and automobiles bring him. i've had to really step up my knowledge of all three! there is a really inspiring video you can watch of a few of the heroes that served on the aircraft carrier. i totally teared up. and probably for the first time in the last 7 months not because of crazy hormones making me emotional. i always tear up learning about war heroes. they are incredible.

 ^my sweet grandma & grandpa clegg
or "grandma gg" and "papa clegg" as carter calls them

 thanks to this guy, i had to play pilot of the airplane alone. carter was horrified by the fake people. my mom felt so bad for him. i thought it was quite funny. they were a little startling when we first saw them. 



i love this little interaction of carter with my dad and mom. it's so classic of my dad.

^"carter, which one is your favorite??"

and... we still think "cheese" is "cheeks." i'm not tellin' him. nope, i'm not. maybe when he is 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment