ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Apr 22, 2015

GRANDMA CAME TO TOWN


daron's mom came into town last week and truly saved the day for this pregnant lady. she took care of our busy toddler, cooked, cleaned, organized, helped us feel more settled into our new home and - my favorite - helped me feel more prepared for this little girl to come.

we literally had an earthly angel in our midst. 

i laid down every day she was here. i couldn't believe how good i felt! you know that crippled-old-lady thing i talked about before? it was practically gone the whole time she was here! i had no idea how taxing taking care of carter has been. this whole time i've just been thinking it was the little one inside me! hello, realization! 

i was planning on making a little collage out of all of these pictures but then i made them all big. the expressions in them make me so happy. for me, i can almost feel the joy that is in these pictures. 

one day, daron and carter were playing upstairs and daron asked carter, 

"carter, do you love grandma?" 
and carter stopped playing and looked at daron and said, 
"yeah dad, i love grandma." 

it was the sweetest thing. 

carter, you better know, we all love grandma, too!
and that you are one lucky kid to have the loving, supportive, incredible grandparents you do... because one day you'll realize, they don't come better.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness these pictures are ADORABLE! Seriously you really can feel the joy, i love them all! Love that boy and love that Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures! I'm dying! You are such a talented photographer! and Carter's face! He's so handsome. I love the love you feel between these two. Also, I can't wait to meet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this way too late! I am the one blessed to have had that time with Carter. You all made me feel so welcome and loved. I cherish the time I can spend with you.Can't wait to meet Naomi! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete