ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 8, 2016

CHRISTMAS CARD LOVE

Each year, I make Daron write a letter to accompany our card. Growing up, my dad always did this for our family and I loved it. I savor each Christmas card that comes in the mail. If it wasn't complete hoarder status, I would probably keep all the Christmas cards that we receive each year. I don't normally share the Christmas card & letter on the blog, but we had such a good laugh at Daron's descriptions of our kids this year I had to share! 



Young Family 2015
Naomi: I’m the most chill of this family. I joined the team April 28th of this year.  I like people, but I like food more. I’m not picky, baby food will do, but I do have a more refined palette. I prefer pasta, eggs, mini-wheats, muffins, avocado, bananas, and donuts, etc. I’m a cuddler. Give me a soft blanket and you have my heart. I’ve thought about crawling recently, but it seems hard and energy intensive; an army crawl is more my thing at the moment. If I expend too much energy, I fear I’ll lose my cheeks, and let’s be honest, people love my cheeks. 
Carter: I turned 3 last month. I love life, like, a lot. I came down with severe cases of FOMO and YOLO in 2015 and they still haven’t let up. (google it if those two words mean nothing to you) If I’m doing anything i’m pretty happy about it. My favorite pastimes are trains, cars, trucks, running, balls, the beach, running while kicking balls on the beach, the park, running at the park, friends, running while chasing friends, and running while being chased. Naomi came on board this year. She slept a lot at first, but she’s lightening up. Now I can’t wait for her to wake up. She thinks it’s funny when I throw (soft) things at her, and I like doing that, so we get along alright. She’s like my best friend that doesn’t talk yet, but that’s okay, because I love talking.  I also enjoy a good book, but when I don’t have one handy or the lights are off, I have no problem making up a story to tell myself. Life is good. 
Dani Bree & Daron: 2 kids. Dani Bree swears that 2 has been easier than one. I don’t try to explain it, but I’m glad to hear it. We love those two. We moved once again this year to an area just about 30 minutes West of where we were this time last year. We love everything about it and are grateful to be as settled as we’ve been for the last 3 years or so. In 2014, DisneyLand was our go-to family activity, in 2015, it was the beach. Warm or less warm, sunny or mostly sunny, the beach has us on a very regular basis. Our family has grown to love it. Not like it was hard. I’ve endeavored to pick up surfing this year. It is hard. I’ll report back in 2016. 
We are grateful to have had a wonderful year and for the family and friends we were able to share it with. We love this Season and are grateful for the Life and Love of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who provides the foundation for everything else. 
We hope you and yours have a family-filled Holiday Season and New Years, and wish you a wonderful 2016. 
Love, 
Daron, Dani Bree, Carter, & Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment