ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 13, 2016

THE DAY SHE DISCOVERED POPCORN

The day of Carter's birthday party, Naomi saw popcorn for the first time. I was holding her in my arms, and she practically leaped out of them trying to snag some popcorn out of a friend's bag. After the party we had a lot of popcorn around the house, and Naomi was eyein' it like crazy. I never let her have some because she has no teeth! I assumed she couldn't eat it.

Well, I was wrong. She can eat it. She actually can eat tubs of it and doesn't stop eating it until you take her away. Some day between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I filled up a tupperware with popcorn for Carter and went back to the bedroom to do something, I forget what. I soon heard giggling and immediately came out to see what was going on. Giggling from carter is usually a bad sign. 

I was surprised to find him feeding Naomi fist fulls of popcorn. I couldn't believe she was eating it. I was alarmed at first but then it was clear, she was thoroughly enjoying herself.  And there I sat, video taping, taking pictures and laughing my head off for a good 30 minutes while she ate the popcorn like it was the last meal of her life. It's moments like this, as a mom, where you are like, "Where is everybody!? Is anyone seeing this!?" I was so sad I didn't have an adult to share this moment with because it was hilarious. 

Literally, 45 mintues later, after Carter had long stopped eating and was running circles around her, I decided she had had enough and I should take her away. I thought she would stop but she just kept going and going and going.  

Her love of popcorn happens to be very fitting since she is named after her grandmother, who is known for her love of popcorn. 

1 comment: