ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Feb 12, 2016

TRUE LOVE


So, there's a story and it goes a little like this.

When Naomi was around 3 months old, I was frequently answering a typical question after one has a baby -

"How's she sleeping?!"

Each time I answered this question, I would gush (in bewilderment) how Naomi was sleeping through the night and how I couldn't believe it! I always emphasized how this was to no credit of my own but that she did it herself. This conversation happened about 4 or 5 times in front of Daron. Then, after a birthday party, he and I were in the car driving home and he gently informed me, "Ya know... Naomi isn't actually sleeping through the night. She gets up 3 - 4 times needing her binky. I just get to her before you wake up." 

Enter: total disbelief.

I will never forget how loved I felt after learning Daron was doing such a sweet and selfless act for me. My love grew so much for him in that moment. It's these seemingly simple acts that are, in my opinion, the most meaningful. This genuine, honest, selfless, true love is what I love to celebrate this time of year. Whether this Christ-centered love comes from a spouse, friend, mother or father, brother or sister, cousin or grandparent, it deserves to be celebrated!

So, from me to you, Happy LOVE day/weekend!

And Daron... you already know this, because I tell you every night as I hold on to your arm just before we fall asleep, but I love you!

1 comment: