ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jul 25, 2016

WORTHWHILE

My two favorite little people in their Sunday best...




Exciting things around here... Carter is finally learning to grab/hug his sister without choke holding her. This is a very welcomed skill! As these two interact more, life definitely gets more fun (crazier but fun!). They are already conspiring against me though which I am not ready for.  Carter's latest stunt is locking the bathroom door on me so Naomi can have a free for all with the toilet. I can hear Carter giggling while she goes to town... stinkers!

Being a mom has been harder than I ever anticipated. I think I hesitate to write this because sometimes I feel this point is exaggerated and as hard as the job is it's equally as rewarding. But in the end, it's definitely what I have thought and therefore part of my story, so I'm writing it down. When I look back, I remember little things people said that should have given me a clue but I really had no idea. I had Carter and was like, "Woah! What the heck!?" I honestly was disturbed that my mom had 5 children! haha! I was so, so blown away. (Postpartum depression had a part in this). But still, I was in awe of women/mothers everywhere for so many reasons. With how hard the job can be at times, I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that every effort, every sacrifice I make to do the best job I can is worth it! In a recent general conference, I remember very clearly Elder Russell M. Nelson saying, "No other work transcends that of righteous, intentional parenting!" He said it so emphatically. It really struck me. Sometimes, I worry about how I am doing or the challenges I will go through raising my kids as they grow up but I find so much comfort in the fact that this work is not only important but incredibly worthwhile. 

And I already can't wait for next Sunday when we get to go to church and I get to hangout with Carter and Naomi in their church attire. Seeing Carter in suspenders and a tie never gets old and dressing a girl, well that has been so much better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment