ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Aug 4, 2016

A MINI DATE WITH CARTER

Two weekends ago, I took Carter on our first little date together. I'm calling it a "mini date" because we just went to Golden Spoon for our favorite froyo. I hurried and showered after our day at the beach while Daron got Carter ready. After Carter got out of the shower, he told Daron, "Dad I need underwear! I can't go on my date naked!" haha Life lessons from Carter are good ones!

The whole "date" thing totally fascinated Carter. He double checked with me about a thousand times that Naomi really wasn't coming and sang the entire car ride over, "We're goin' on a date!" I was so surprised because Carter generally never stops talking. Truly. But on our date, he was unusually quiet. He just wanted to sit and eat his ice cream and then occasionally he would ask me a question or be silly for me. 


I took a picture of my cone because for the first time in I think two decades, I changed up my order! I never get a cone but this one hit the spot. Carter got his usual... vanilla with gummy bears. (Sometimes he will switch up gummy bears for m&ms). 


Then of course I had to take a few pictures of him...
It made me a little sad how wierd it felt to be out with only one of my children. I've definitely made a mental note to set aside alone time with this kid outside the house! I don't think it will be hard either since Carter has asked almost every day since when our next date is... 3-year-olds, they have no problem holding you accountable! 

Can't wait for our next outing, Carter!

No comments:

Post a Comment