ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Aug 25, 2016

NEWPORT, CA

A few pictures from our time in Newport...


What you do when your 3-year-old boy thinks it's funny to spit water on you...

Carter also comments on my belly all. the. time! This night, when we were in the spa was the first time he said, "Mom... your belly is SO big!" And proceeded to start poking it. I died laughing but since then he has said it over and over because he knows I thought it was funny. I've been trying to teach him to say "beautiful" instead of "big" but it hasn't quite caught on yet...

Carter & Lorenzo spent almost every single waking second together. 99% of the time, they love each other. Then there is that 1%... at one my point, my brother-in-law Trevor caught them punching each other and grabbed both their hands and marched them up to us. I couldn't help but laugh! Boys are so funny. 


They thought they were boogie boarding while doing this...
(ha!^ they thought they were sooo cool too) 

Naomi playing peek-a-boo with Daron. She never sits still these days and has started to get that inevitable opinion but watching her personality develop is the best.

On Sunday, we attended church and then walked over to the Newport Beach Temple. My mom huddled the grandkids together and told them why the temple was so special to her. All of their little eyes were glued on her. The grandkids are so lucky to have their "Sweetheart."
(^and we all laughed at these two hugging while we snapped pictures - unfortunately, my camera is broken and almost every picture I take is blurry -besides the ones posted- but I had to still post this one!)

The last morning we were there, we took a walk with our little family. Daron and Carter played frisbee while Naomi and I played in the sand. Every morning was really misty which felt so good. After our walk, Daron had to go back to work while I finished up the trip with the kids.

The trip was a dream. A beach house was a great choice for all the little kids. I actually felt like I got a break which is rare on a "vacation" with kids! The kids played all day together riding their bikes, building in the sand, and "boogie-boarding." The adults got to swim in the water, chat, take naps, and soak in the olympics once all the kids were in bed. I had been anticipating the week at the beach house all summer... it was so nice to finally be there! One night, I prayed that time would go by so slow so I could really take it all in. I was scared it was all going to go by too fast. 

A big thanks to my mom and dad for providing us the opportunity to go. Now we will just be soaking up the beach through the fall.  Since I don' have kids in school, I really feel like we can have an "endless summer" (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment