ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Nov 3, 2016

HALLOWEEN WEEKEND




Our Halloween weekend started off with a bang at the Pumpkin Station Pumpkin Patch in Del Mar. I knew Carter was going to be in heaven but I didn't anticipate the excitement from Naomi! She couldn't stop flapping her arms and bursting out in giggles all night. I realized once I was at the pumpkin patch I forgot to charge my camera... hate when that happens. But Kristy from the BoysAHoy blog was nice enough to take a family picture of us and a few of our pumpkins...

The pumpkin patch isn't much but the kids have the best time. It's totally magical to them. And I was mesmermized by the gorgeous sunset that we played under all night. The sky was incredible last year, too. Pictures will never do it justice, but it really is somethin' else!

The rest of the pictures are from our ward Trunk or Treat party. I hear a lot of stories of kids changing their mind about what they want to be for Halloween but this was not the case for Carter. He told people for two months he was going to be a "race car" and so I knew what I had to do! We ended up just building around him making Daron "the driver," Naomi a stoplight and I was "Ms. Green m&m" - their sponsor. Costumes were a stretch but I was just proud I got us all in something. I have this problem when I am pregnant where it's really hard to care about life. That sounds sad and depressing and it kind of is but I become so apathetic! I have to force myself to care about everything. Anyway, I can write more on that later.

Sunday, we carved pumpkins. Daron kept telling Carter to pull out the seeds and Carter kept saying, "But Dad! It's so uncomfortable!" (Like Father like son! Daron's mom has told me stories about how Daron refused to touch the inside of a pumpkin when he was little... hahaha. Carter ended up going for it but it made me laugh.) He also had us set the carved pumpkins right by his bed. Every time I walked by his room, I got a little scare! 

The actual day of Halloween was kind of sad. I woke up feeling terrible. I had plans to take the kids trick or treating until dinner time. I was trying to finish the chili I made but couldn't. My head was spinning, my nausea was way worse than normal and I was on the verge of tears. Daron convinced me to stay home and put Naomi down who was exhausted and to let him and Carter go. It was for the best but it made me so sad. Daron and Carter came home on a Halloween high. Carter was giggling like crazy and Daron couldn't stop talking about how fun trick or treating was with him. 

Halloween 2017 better be ready for us because I will be making up for lost time!



No comments:

Post a Comment