ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 11, 2017

THANKSGIVING 2016


2016's Thanksgiving holiday was spent with my side of the family in Corona Del Mar. It was a wonderful few days being together with family, slowing down and focusing on what we are grateful for. Carter's list of what he was grateful for was hilarious. I wrote it down somewhere but now I can't find it. Daron talked about how grateful he is for the scriptures and for ME (which I loved! ;) - and for what women go through to bring life into the world. 

This year, things I felt especially grateful for were supporitve family members and friends - the ones that help you out when you are struggling to keep up with normal life - and for Daron. Every year I am grateful for him. But this year, my gratitude for him soared as he helped me through this 3rd pregnancy. He was so helpful and so patient with me and I needed that since it was hard for me to be patient with myself. He is always thinking ahead, ensuring that he takes care of us the best that he can. His diligence in this area really blessed our family this year. There were things he did a few years ago that didn't seem like a big deal at the time but have turned out to be big blessings in our lives and we saw that this year. 

{A few of my favorite photos below! Some of these photos are pretty pictures I like but most of them are of little things I don't want to forget, like - Naomi's wild, blonde locks at this age, the way they curl at the bottom and and flow when she runs or how beautiful my mother is and the time when the kids were running around the Fashion Island Christmas tree and playing tag and dog piling on each other. Their giggles screamed childhood. There's also Carter's excitement for anything Christmas, his contagious smile, Naomi's piercing blue eyes and addiction to her binky and blanket... and so, so many other things! I could go on and on but don't worry, I won't ;) }





Oh, and this was too good... Naomi found a bag of watermelon sour candy and reached in to take one and her mean uncle BJ (completely joking) said, "No way, Naomi! You can't have one of those!" And this was her immediate response... 
haha! My brother felt terrible. It was sad but so funny. Of course, all was well in the world when her daddy snuggled her on his lap and let her have at it...
 ^the only picture Daron took of my bump that didn't have gus gus in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment