ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 15, 2018

HER BLESSING DAY


Shiloh was blessed on a beautiful spring day in March. I remember it being easy to wake up that morning which was out of character for me at that time because I was getting very little sleep. I also remember feeling giddy for her special day. I got her dressed and took some pictures of her before the chaos all started. 

These pictures of her in her dress make me melt in a puddle. I can't get enough of her beautiful little face and I wish I could replay this morning over and over. It was so sweet and so special. 



The details on her dress...

Quite a bit of Daron's family was able to attend the blessing. His parents stayed with us over the weekend and so Shiloh got to get dressed (for real this time ;) by her Grandma. 



Her dress was a gift given to her from her Aunt Ellery who found it while shopping in an antique shop. Her sweet bonnet was also a gift from a friend, Missy Turnbull. I don't know what I would have done without these inspired gifts!



She was blessed in the beloved Cardiff Ward where we attended for over two years. Below is a picture of all of the wonderful men who stood in the circle to bless her. One of my favorite parts of a baby blessing is seeing all the admirable men in my life circle that tiny, sweet baby to give her a name and a blessing.



I can't remember why Naomi had this face but I remember her being difficult after the meeting. I honestly had never seen the face she has (in the picture below) before and I haven't seen it since this day. I don't know what I was saying to her in this picture, but I do know just before this she had been running around with a poopy diaper and had just got it all over her Uncle Trevor, hahaha. So, I guess I can sort of imagine what this conversation was about.



Afterwards, we enjoyed Board & Brew sandwiches and yummy desserts at a nearby park. 



I will always remember Shiloh's blessing as very moving. It made me really emotional. I was more emotional with every experience involving Shiloh though. I remember Daron blessed her with many strengths and tools to overcome the obstacles she would have in this life. Since the moment I found out I was pregnant with Shiloh, I've always had a strong impression that she is something very special and have felt so lucky she's ours!



No comments:

Post a Comment