ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 15, 2018

HER FIRST DAY OF CHURCH


With each baby, I look forward to their first day of church. For both girls, I have bought their dresses before they were born and anxiously awaited putting them in it. The dress is always teensy, tiny and I'm reminded how little newborns are. 



I'm writing this post 8 months later and I can't stop looking at my 3 kids and being baffled by how much they have changed. You don't really notice as time passes from day to day but these pictures make it incredibly apparent. So much has changed since I took these pictures.

During church, I went into the Mother's Room to feed her and the craziest thing happened.




She had just finished and so I was fumbling around trying to put myself back together and at the same time was looking for her blanket. I finally found it (dropped behind the chair) and went to hand it to her and when I looked down, I was greeted with the BIGGEST smile from her that stretched from ear to ear.



I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The smile - it was huge! I barely caught the tale end of it (in the above picture) because of course, I was fumbling around again to find my phone. But then she just kept going - giving me big smiles one after the other. I remember feeling sad there wasn't anyone else in the room to witness the moment.




I took the whole thing as a sign that she loves church just as much as her mama and it made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment