ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 27, 2011

Chicken Rooster and the Squirrel

So I think I did something naughty
but I just couldn't help myself.

Today during church, I video taped just
a tiny part of our sunbeam class.
Each week we get a laugh from these kids.
My favorite line this Sunday was when 
one little boy, Brayden, gave the prayer and said,
"Thank you for our computers and that we can play 
on them. Thank you for our video games. And we are grateful to be alive"
ha ha. priceless prayer.

I can't remember the last time I expressed gratitude "to be alive"...
his simple words made me laugh but also want to cry.
These kids are the greatest example of reminding
Daron and I to appreciate all that we so easily take for granted.

Today's lesson was called
"I am grateful for animals"
Our favorite lesson so far.
Here is a little taste.

(chicken/rooster)

(the squirrel)

Daron went through every single animal doing each of the noises that they make.
I thought he would get sick of it after the first 5...
but no...he did it for all 20.
I am so sad I didn't capture the pig. It was definitely the best.

I know my mom wouldn't be very happy with me that
I whipped out my camera during church. But I just had to!
(sorry Mom :)

Hopefully one day I will be able to take pictures of
all of our adorable sunbeams so we can show them off 
to the world!!
Their faces make you melt.

*******************************

And for a small side note: Daron and I used the molcajete for the first time!! I was 
obsessed with this thing when I first saw it. I can't believe it took me 
this long to try it out.

It was a beauty to work with.
Trevor's guacamole recipe + the molcajete = GUACAMOLE GOODNESS


And tonight's dinner was a real winner.
Daron said, "This is my favorite experimental dinner so far."
That is a big statement ;)


ha ha. It totally looks gross.
(I promise it tasted good! and is healthy!)
Enchiladas by Rachael Ray.
She is my new go to for recipes these days.
I LOVE her because she makes my husband say
crazy things!
Thanks a million RR

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I just realized I don't think I gave you my guac recipe. Don't you love the molcajete though? Did u season it with garlic before? I don't know why, but the lady I lived with in Mexico says that is the secret. Or... secreto ;) Anyway... I'm happy to see you use that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci- I didn't! but that sounds amazing. and I definitely would LOVE your recipe. I have heard only great things. this is the only way i get daron to eat avacados with me so the yummier recipes I have the better!
    you should email it to me or Daron.
    dbpugmire@gmail
    daronyoung11@gmail

    we would loovvee that!

    ReplyDelete