ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 2, 2011

Concern For the One

The very first blog post I made on this thing talked about how I was getting rid of the good old facebook and entering the blogging world. I mentioned how I would have some "extra time" and that I needed to figure out something good to do with it. 

I am so very happy to say that I actually used this extra time for good. Can you believe it?? I kind of can't. Time managing has never been my strong point. Is it anyone's? Only super women...

Anyway, what did I do?
Read a book :) for LEISURE. That's right. I read a book in my new little free time.
A great book at that. 
Today I finished President Monson's Biography called To the Rescue. 

"To The Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson," by Heidi S. Swinton__Newlyweds Tom and Frances Monson pose at their wedding reception in October 1948.

Being completely honest, this book was long and at times hard to read. There are so many people and places that it sometimes was hard to keep up with (for me). But in the end, it was worth every second. I couldn't believe how many times this book made me cry. It was so incredibly inspiring. 

Summarizing this book is practically impossible. There are so many wonderful stories. I want to list them ALL. Unfortunately, that would take days. So, my 2 second version of why you should check out this book is-
it will teach you 3 very important things.

1. how to LEAD
2. how to SERVE
3. how to LOVE

My favorite quote about President Monson in this book is by Elder Neil L. Andersen. 
"President Monson's heart is like the heart of the Lord. President Monson would treat the janitor cleaning the banister the same way he would treat the ambassador from Russia who comes in to visit him. Because of his sense of eternal nature of people, he doesn't see the world in terms of economic or social status. He sees as the Lord would see, and he reaches out." 

What an amazing quality to have. After you read this book, you will feel just a tiny ounce of how our Heavenly Father feels for each of us. There is story after story telling how President Monson showed so much concern for the one soul. 

Thomas S. Monson age 10, 1937

President Monson Smile

At the end, the author Heidi S. Swinton lists several quotes that President Monson lived by. These were some of my favorites.

~ "Decisions determine destiny."

~"Your decision to think right, choose right, and do right will rarely if ever be the easiest course to follow."

~"You do not find the happy life--- you make it."

~"Life is like a candid camera; it does not wait for you to pose."

~"The door of history turns on small hinges, and so do people's live."

President Thomas S. Monson is truly a man of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment