ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 20, 2011

Coupons, Coupons...here I come!!!!

COUPONING EVENT = MIND BOGGLING. 
I didn't really know what I was getting myself into.
Daron fought me tooth and nail to not go.
He even tried to convince me to leave my wallet at home. 
He was so petrified that I was going to spend all this money and that the whole thing was a scam.

Boys. So funny. How come they don't trust us Women with our wallets?
Anyway, I am now on a serious quest to try couponing for myself. I have always wanted to but have just been so unfamiliar with coupons and thought it took way too much time. 
I needed a little PUSH to get me started. 
I definitely got just that!

huggies_size1-2 
 Barilla Angel Hair Pasta - 4 Boxes (1 lb ea)Maalox Liquid EX STR Cherry Size: 26 ozGillette MACH3 Razor and 2 Cartridges (Qua tang gui Vietnam)

The instructor had all of these items sitting on the table at the front (there may have been more I just can't remember all of them). She proceeded to say how, depending on what grocery store you buy at, a person is going to spend around $50 dollars for all of this. She then asked all of us what we thought she spent on everything.

Someone guessed $15 (I thought that was low. I was thinking $18 instead of 50) Someone else guessed $12. 
Then she told us. (This is where  I gasped and my mind was boggled.)
She spent... $2. 87

All I could think in my head was-
THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE. 
It's just not. It can't be. There is NO way. 

She told her story of how her family used to have a grocery budget of $650 for the 5 of them (It is her, her husband and 3 kids). I guess that's pretty standard for a family of that size. She says, now, they thrive on a grocery budget of $213. That includes diapers and acquiring food storage.

Is this a joke or what!? I'm still puzzled by the experience. She then went on to describe how the combination of buying something on sale and with a coupon can make it so things are FREE or the store owes you money for it. I had heard of women before that don't leave the grocery store "unless it is paying them." I never understood what they were talking about. 
Now, I do!

There are a lot reasons people think of to not use coupons. (I was one of them.) I still wonder in my head- is this too good to be true? I'm going for it anyway. It doesn't hurt to try. There obviously was a lot more detail that the instructor when into. This is the 2 second version. I was surprised how many questions the women had. They were definitely giving her a run for her money. She had remedies for ALL the concerns!! 
It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
So yeah, I admit it. I totally fell for the whole thing.
And now that I have semi-convinced Daron, the trial begins. Believe it or not, it is TOUGH to convince this guy!


Will it work for us???????
Only time will tell :)

1 comment:

  1. Dani!!! I didn't know you had a blog! Its so cute. Seriously i just spent like 30 minutes reading it haha i love you and miss you!! I'm coming up to provo the weekend of conference so hopefully I will get to see you!!

    ReplyDelete