ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Mar 14, 2011

A Door That Is Always Open

Yay!
VISITORS!
I love love love when Daron and I have guests in our home.
So far his parents are definitely our most frequent guests. It gets me giddy inside every time they come and stay. Two weekends ago we had my parents for the first time.
It is such a pleasure to have our parents stay with us.

This past weekend was.................

2011-03-13_17-02-09_50.jpg

2011-03-13_17-02-15_119.jpg

SHALICE AND TREVOR! 

I made Daron take a picture of my cheesy face to show my excitement to pick them up from the airport.

2011-03-11_22-06-05_615.jpg

Ya...that's right. I couldn't help it! This is a very rare thing - It is not every day that we get to hang out with this lovely couple.

It's a blast when Daron and I hang out with one of my siblings. I think he really sees more and more why I am the way I am. For example: my favorite part of the weekend was when we got on the subject of Shalice and I mispronouncing/fumbling our words. Trevor was teasing Shalice about how she would say "herbs" (without a silent h) and "thyme" (also without a silent h).

Later, the four of us got on a subject that we were semi- debating and as I finished my last points I proceeded to say, "Alright I'm stepping down from my soap opera. That's all I have to say..."

ha ha ha. Can you believe that!? JUST AFTER we had teased Shalice, I fumbled "soap opera" for "soap box." Don't worry Daron and Trevor got a kick out of that one. I am not hesitant to say that about every child in the Pugmire family messes up their words on a frequent bases (the exception is Aaron- who knows how he became so articulate). The best part is there is no wondering where this endearing quality came from....




The One and Only.
Mama Pugmire.

I can honestly say some of the most memorable moments of our vacations is when my mom says something so backwards that all you can do is laugh. We give my mom such a hard time about this. The truth is we ALL do it. And as much as we give her a hard time, it is something we love about her the most.

For Shalice and I, however, I am a little worried if we are this bad already at messing up our words. I have a feeling we are going to need to start praying now that our kids will have patience with us and be nicer than we were. Heaven only knows that it isn't going to get better from here!

(their adorable nieces on Trevor's side- both of these girls have the most beautiful hair.)


(we enjoyed a day at Trevor's sisters house)

THANK YOU AGAIN to Shalice and Trevor for staying with us.
And Daron and I want all to know that you are always welcome.

Welcome Bucket- a treat for your guests!


1 comment:

  1. Bomb post dani!! Pretty much my favorite one to date!! Mom's face against the car window has to be the best picture, good thing she is still technically challenged... she may never see it:) Love you

    ReplyDelete