ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Apr 27, 2011

Enlightening Realization (for a PRE mommy)

In my attempt to convince my husband 
that coupons are worth our time we have
ordered the newspaper for a
2 MONTH TRIAL RUN
(wish me luck peeps... :)

For the most part the newspaper drives me crazy.
Daron and I don't have time to read the entire newspaper every single day.
So day after day I have to throw away all this paper (which for some
reason makes me feel guilty) and/or just watch it pile up as I convince myself
that he and I will get around to it.

   
Yesterday, I finally decided I would take some time to check it out.

Most of it was definitely depressing.
Headlines like ---

"US DEFAULT COULD BE DISASTROUS"
"FBI SAYS MAN FAKED BEING ARMY GENERAL"
"VIOLENT CRACKDOWN LEAVES 120 DEAD IN SYRIA"
"STUMBLING INTO BAD BEHAVIOR: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ETHICAL LAPSES"
"EARLY RETIREMENT IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH"

I mean it was just one after the other. 

Then...I found this adorable article that brought tears to my eyes. 
It told the story of a woman who very openly describes the difficulties
accompanying post partum. 

Supposedly, due to great genetics, 
this woman is a champion at labor.
(Didn't know those existed until yesterday)
  And actually loves the process of giving birth.

She then goes on to explain that the real trial for her is
after the birth. 
She says it best, so I will let you read her thoughts.
They are truly beautiful 
(also graphic and somewhat funny)
but I absolutely loved what she had to say.

I have never read or heard the realities of childbirth 
and child rearing portrayed so realistic. It was enlightening.
I have to say I am so glad I realized this information
before my time for motherhood began!
Life (marriage specifically) has taught me
how important expectations are. 
The more realistic my expectations of motherhood can be, 
the better I will handle the highs and lows.

The newspaper gave permission to check out her blog
This is the post that the newspaper quoted from.
I promise you won't regret checking it out :)
---------------------------------
Looking forward to  updating on the 1 year...
An anniversary we'll never forget





No comments:

Post a Comment