ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

May 25, 2011

Adult Girls Camp

A.K.A WOMEN'S CONFERENCE

A.K.A an INCREDIBLE WEEKEND.

A few weeks ago I accompanied my mom, grandma and aunt to, what I believe is, one of the greatest weekends.
There is something so empowering about being with thousands of women who are learning, praying, and serving each other. It's uplifting to the soul. 


I left this weekend feeling like I could conquer the world.
I left feeling enriched, motivated and especially humbled.
You look around the Marriot Center, and you see women that have accomplished great things.
(One in particular was Truman G. Madsen's wife Ann who I had the pleasure of meeting. Besides the fact that she practically fell off her chair when she found out I was indeed married and was indeed over the age of 14, it was great!! :) She was beautiful and so warm. She acted like she had all the time in the world to talk to you (even though I was a complete stranger).
You hear their stories of struggle and sacrifce. You realize how small your problems truly are, or better yet, that you are not alone with whatever you are feeling.

After the weekend, I informed my sisters that women's conference will be made a new tradition!
It must. It takes a lot of sacrifice but I know the sacrifice is worth it.
Nothing is better than hangin' out with the girls enjoying endless bonding and never ending chatting.
Can you think of anything better!?


I can't.
I love this picture of my mom and I cause it reminds me of the time we spent together during this weekend.
We told each other stories and I got to learn even more about her childhood. (which I thoroughly enjoy).
She tells me more about our ancestors and what incredible examples they were of strength and determination.
I spent time with my grandmother who I never get to see and would just like to pick her brain.
There is so much about her I don't know because our family lived so far away.
It's always a wonderful opportunity when we spend precious time together and learn more about one another.

This talk is what reminded me of the weekend.
It was the talk Julie B. Beck gave at the conference.
I love this woman. 
I love what she stands for and the strength and courage she has to remind us women what our true purpose is on this earth.
She makes you remember.

Just one of the many quotes I enjoyed from her talk. 
(the whole thing is so darn good it was hard to choose one)

"Education is wonderful, but being able to feel the Lord’s power and Spirit upon us is the highest education we can achieve. With that, we have power and influence. Without it, we will not be able to navigate in this life. The adversary will pick us off one by one, and we will be drawn off course by the many, many voices that are out there distracting us. With the Lord’s Spirit upon us, we are strong and solid and will be able to walk with Him."

Looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment