ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Oct 21, 2015

MONDAY

  
Our Monday of this week was a typical one. Long and kind of slow. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Carter did destroy his room pretty bad. But that usually happens to some part of the house. Both kids also wouldn't nap. But that's not too abnormal either. Maybe it was that I had cookies for breakfast and lunch or that it's been a while since Daron and I went out. For some reason, I was feeling off. 

Just before witching hour {that's 5 o' clock around here} Daron called to tell me he wouldn't be home until late. I decided it was time to get out of the house and get some fresh air for the day. I fed the kids dinner, packed them up in the car and started driving. Aimlessly. 
Suddenly, those gorgeous, bright white steeples of the temple caught my eye. I gasped and realized Carter had never been on the temple grounds of the San Diego temple. Seconds later, I found myself crossing four lanes and hopping off the freeway to get there.

It was the perfect antidote to our blah day.

Carter jumped up and down for about 20 minutes straight clapping his hands in the parking lot while I got Naomi out of the car. I'll never forget him running towards the temple doors saying, "Mom, Jesus is inside! I'm going to go get Him out of His bed!"

{I'm struggling teaching the whole "Jesus lives!" but you don't actually really see Him... thing. anyone have tips on that?}


Time flew as we were walking the temple grounds. Soon, Daron was calling to tell me he was off and that he would get Golden Spoon for everyone on his way home. 

Best husband award. 

Frozen yogurt somehow always ends up being part of my "long" days. I'm thinking that's bad. 

{Like this one here. I didn't mention it in my blog post but I vividly remember why this very-cute-eating-frozen-yogurt action took place. I don't think I recovered for a week!}

I'm really glad I realized how uplifting walking around the temple grounds can be. I'm probably late to the party but I feel like I gained a new trick up my sleeve for days like Monday. 

{It's hard to choose one, but this temple is always at the top of my favorite's list}

No comments:

Post a Comment